The Article Written by Ms. Beril Eroğlu, Logistics Manager of Nemak İzmir Döküm San. A.Ş.
NEMAK İZMİR DÖKÜM AND OUR YYS PROCESS
Founded in 1955 as Cevher Döküm, our company was purchased by Nemak Company in 2016 and named Nemak İzmir Döküm. Our company, which continues its activities at its factory in the Çiğli Organized Industrial Zone, produces engine parts for the leading large OEM companies in the automotive industry. The main products produced are cylinder head, bracket, oil pan, manifold, turbo charging body and pump body. Basic production techniques; gravity casting, high pressure injection casting and low pressure casting, the main customers of our company are large automotive companies such as VW, AUDI, SKODA, SEAT, RENAULT, FORD, TOYOTA, BMW, NISSAN, AMG, DAIMLER, BOSCH, GM.
Our company, which exports 95%, received an Authorized Economic Operator certificate in January 2020, and took its place among the leading prestigious companies in Turkey.
The most important priority of the ever-changing automotive sector is speed and cost. Our company has gained many advantages with the Authorized Economic Operator certificate received after a long period of work. In particular, the benefits provided in import operations have also provided us with a material advantage.
The internationally valid Authorized Economic Operator certificate has facilitated our import and export operations. There have been great advantages provided to our company by the Authorized Economic Operator certificate in terms of safety and security. The first of these is the right of priority passage provided at border crossings. If there is no carrier that owns the YYS, it is also ensured that controls of the companies are conducted in priority.
If we list some of the conveniences that we use:
- The process of our import operations has been accelerated by 80% on average.
- Thanks to the green line, we are exempt from the time lost there because our import declarations are not submitted to customs.
- We have the advantage of processing original documents without waiting and adding the originals to the file later.
- The packages we import temporarily are not exported in the same way. Under normal circumstances, photos should have been taken and approved by customs for each operation.
- Thanks to our customs risk criterion system green line, we do not request a certificate of origin in many of our operations and we are exempt from these costs + obligations in terms of additional taxes.
- In our operations, files are prepared with a system image without printing customs declaration. No extra cases are required, such as the original declaration, customs seal and signature.
- We can import our cargo without waiting, even if we make correspondence operations in our returning goods operations. Correspondence with institutions is completed in the background. Thanks to this, our cargoes are not waiting in the warehouse.
- We are able to check out our Supalan incoming cargoes after registering and paying the tax on our declaration without being subject to inspection. We are exempt from expenses such as inspection.
By BERİL EROĞLU
NEMAK İZMİR DÖKÜM SAN. A.Ş./ Logistics Manager